Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Kentucky Weekend!

Well after driving for a total of 10 hours combined I have made my journey down to Kentucky and back! It was a long but short weekend for me.  I found out where I will be at for the days, well as of right now... it could all change when I get down to the DR.

So this weekend consisted of driving down to Louisville on Friday for our first meeting as an internship team, and getting to finally meet everyone.  Friday consisted of meet and greet/get to know each other better.  We talked a small bit about G.O. Ministries, and then went out to dinner & then off to Putt-Putt, cause what better way than to get to know each other than Putt-Putt!  After all the fun activities we headed back to the G.O. Ministries office where we spent the night.

Second day... Woke up early to go for a 2 mile run, (trying to get back in shape/running again!). Came back and enjoyed a nice breakfast from one of the staff members who brought it in for us that morning.  After that was a full day in the conference room again bonding with the other interns and learning about what we will be doing and what's expected of us/learning about G.O. Ministries. After a long day of learning, we headed out again in the evening to enjoy another dinner and activity, this time it was Bowling!  Again this weekend was about bonding and getting to know each other so that we have some familiar faces when we get down there.

After this weekend it really got me even more excited about my trip!  I can't believe it but I leave in just one week.  Crazy how fast this has all come... I'm working this whole week, but lucky it's for my rents which means I'll spend some time at the house getting stuff ready as well!  This weekend will be the last minute stops and runs to pick up those last minute essentials before I leave for 2 months.  Yes they will have some of the same stuff as we do here, just a bit more expensive down there than here so might as well get it cheaper and not worry about paying a pretty penny for those items while I'm down there.

Last thing is my support, I thank you all for supporting me and the prayers and money that you have given me!  I want to put an update on here on where I am for raising support for the trip, currently I am at $1,520 of my $2,100 for the first month, and then I will need an additional $900 for the second month.  I am able to raise that second month money while I'm down there but I am needing that $2,100 before I head down to be in.  If you feel God telling you to give even if it's $10 that will go along way, and greatly appreciated.  Again if you would like to donate the fastest way to get me the money is going here:

https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=gomi&id=1

Once on the website under program select intern and then put my name in the recipients name!  Again thank you so much for everything you all have done!

Lastly if you have donated please e-mail me at doug.eubank@me.com, so that I can make sure that I have received the money you have donated and also put you on the e-mail list of updates!  And I will make sure to give you guys sneak peaks of what I have done down there so far before blog posts or even the Facebook group!

Keep on Living

Doug

No comments: