Monday, February 9, 2009

Heading South Means Cold?

So at this moment I'm sitting outside in the South Island of New Zealand, at a YWAM base. Last evening here in the South Island, kind of depressing, but hey it's a once in a life time opportunity so far to this point no other group on the PacRim trip has gone here so were the first. And for the sake of others to come on this trip I hope they get to as well, it's a great and very different experience. And yes the South Island is a little colder than the north, that's one thing I've thought was weird to say south is cold normally for us it's lets go south to get warm, anyways here's everything...

We Hiked for 2 days, about 3-4 hour on Sunday, at Tekapo Lake. Today we hiked for another 3-4 hours just under Mount Hood, the largest mountain in all of New Zealand. It was a great two full days of hiking and trekking, but very tiring at the same time. My legs at the end of both days were dead, and Sunday was my stupid day because well I was running up the mountains... yeah I know stupid on my part, o well it was very enjoyable and a good workout. Sunday was our dusty and extremely windy day and today was more of the rocky dry day, with sweet wooden bridges that swung and bounced which I got the feeling not to many people enjoyed me doing that when they were on the bridge. But over all it was a great trip,

Oh... and I can officially say that I got to drive in a different country on the opposite side of the road. I got the hang of it pretty well, just followed basically the entire time. After our first hiking at the Tekapo Lake we were going to Twizel and we were cruising along, and enjoy the ride, and next thing I know PHFFF...... first thing my van thought from the sound was flat tire, but it was driving just fine no flat, next thing I know SMOKE!!! It was everywhere when I pulled over, and well I looked down at my gauges and all the bells and whistles were lighted up, and basically yelling at me. Make a long story short I blew the engine, not only do I get to drive for the first time in a country I also blow my first engine period, while in another country. If you wanna know anything else about the story feel free to ask I'll share. That's all for now I'll get some pictures up on here or facebook to show you what we hiked both days. Until next time keep on living.

1 comment:

Rachel Loucks said...

Please blog about how you blew the engine...