Sunday, August 23, 2009

Soccer Season Has Begun!

Sitting here in my apartment at Bethel College, watching some Television. Figured I would update this, so people can see what i'm up to these days, now that I'm not traveling anymore.

Soccer started, early this year, have 3 weeks of preseason, which have been grueling... A specialized strength/speed training coach this year, which has put us into shape. Had two scrimmages during the pre-season which has shown us what this year has in store for us as a team. Everyone still hasn't been back to 100%, but everyone is working at getting there so we can be a healthy team, and enjoy the season, which is in store for us.

Our first game was this past Friday at 8:00 pm. vs. #20 Madonna University. The game ended in a 1-1 tie, after 90 min of regulation time. It was a lot of fun getting to see the team in real action after a hard working preseason from all the boys... So now it becomes determination and hard work, after getting the first game and not getting the nod for the start. So now, I'm working to get that start this next game or in the very near future. I can't wait for that moment coach says it's time Doug... your getting the start. I'm just praying that it will be sooner than later.

Other than soccer, I've started reading David Crowders book, "Praise Habit: Finding God in Sunsets & Sushi" So far I have enjoyed it just started reading it, but it talked all about the psalms, and gives very good insight to a lot of things and makes you think and look upon things. These are the books I love, and I have a feeling as I get further into this book It is going to challenge me, and hopefully change me. Feel free to ask me about it, and I can give you info, or if you would like to borrow it, let me know, I'm more than willing to let you borrow it...

Well that's all for now, so until next time,

-Keep On Living...

No comments: